About Me

My photo
I ♥ to ramble on about many aspects of my day-to-day life...why? Because I ♥ my life! And I want to share it with the world! Be happy with me!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Window of memories

I'm fortunate to have a beautiful view from my desk at work. I happened to glance out of the window today and I saw yellow and red flags decorating the battleship, USS Massachusetts. Yes, my view is of the Battleship Cove area in Fall River with the (now blue) Braga Bridge in the background. The view is very captivating. I enjoy watching storms coming up the river from Rhode Island and the sun setting down river in the Fall and Winter. I get lost in the whites that show up on the water when it's windy. But this scene is more than just a picturesque view of church steeples, rooftops, and a Bridge over water. It's a daily reminder of memories from my past. Between 1984 and 1989 when we were stationed at Ft. Devens, we would come down to Newport during vacations. My parent's had a time-share in Newport and we were frequent visitors at the Newport Naval Base. I believe on one of our trips we sailed from Newport to Fall River (because everything was by boat on these trips but that is a story for another day!) and visited the Battleship Cove. If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend it! We did the vacationer things by touring the USS Massachusetts and most likely going on the carousel. It amazes me that 25 years later I'd be married to a local man and actually be working in the area that I once visited years ago. Let alone, be able to see it daily from my desk at work. It's crazy how things in life sometimes set you up for something later in life. Almost as if my trip to the battleship at 9 years old was a glimpse into my future. It makes my battle between believing and not believing in fate and destiny hard. Was it a mere coincidence or did it happen so I would have a common factor with the man I would eventually end up marrying or to give me a a story to share?

No comments:

Previous Posts

Followers